DriveWorks software is scalable with three different software levels: DriveWorksXpress, DriveWorks Solo and DriveWorks Pro. Starting small with DriveWorksXpress is the most effective way to achieve great results with your Design Automation and Sales Configuration.
Our free product, included in every license of SOLIDWORKS and already installed under the SOLIDWORKS Tools Menu. DriveWorksXpress provides entry-level Design Automation and is ideal for everyday repetitive design tasks. Use it to create multiple variations of SOLIDWORKS Parts, Assemblies and Drawings quickly and accurately. DriveWorksXpress Main Features
- Capture and re-use your design knowledge
- Drive SOLIDWORKS Model geometry (Part and Assembly Dimensions, Features and Custom Properties)
- Create an input form to enter your requirements
- Use rules to link the values on your form to files to be generated
- Run – Generate your new SOLIDWORKS Part, Assembly and Drawing files
DriveWorksXpress Key Benefits
- Save Time – Capture and re-use design knowledge to reduce repetitive tasks
- Reduce Costly Errors – Incorporate design rules to minimize errors and the cost of manual mistakes
- Free Up – Liberate design engineers from repetitive tasks to concentrate on new and special designs
- Scalable – Upgrade path from DriveWorksXpress to DriveWorks Solo and DriveWorks Pro
Design Automation software which allows you to quickly and easily create and configure custom products inside SOLIDWORKS. Setup and use DriveWorks Solo in the engineering department to generate the 3D Designs, detailed manufacturing drawings & quotes for each new order-specific design. Enter new dimensions or order specific details into your own custom forms inside SOLIDWORKS for each variation required. The output is all the information required to manufacture and market product variants. Main Features
- Generate order specific product variations. Generate your SOLIDWORKS Parts, Assemblies, detailed Drawings and quotes automatically.
- Design your own forms with the inbuilt Form Designer, to help you configure valid permutations. Include images and guidance messages and add your own rules-based form-to-form navigation.
- Save existing company data into DriveWorks Solo so that that data can be re-used in your project, both on the forms and as you build the rules for your custom designs.
- Built template documents for responding to sales enquiries quickly and professionally.
- Rules to give you advanced control over your drawings. You can also save Drawings out into other file formats, such as PDF, JPEG, DWF and DWG.
- New files are created where you want them, automatically. Based on your rules, your models will be saved where you want them with the final file names assigned and detail drawings and documents will also be generated so that you are ready to start manufacturing.
- Enhance Product Quality – Capture your design intent and know-how and express it as rules. Apply these rules to the creation of same but different designs, providing you with a valuable audit trail and enhanced product quality.
- Reduce Repetitive Tasks – By automating repetitive, often mundane tasks, DriveWorks Solo frees up engineers to concentrate on the more interesting, valuable and productive projects and reduces errors.
- Reduce Cost of Custom Designs – Demand is higher than ever for customization and personalization. With DriveWorks you capture the rules and know-how; then next time you specify a variation of your design, you can let the computer do the calculations and repetitive work. Resulting in lower design costs, shorter sales cycles, higher levels of customer service and more sales success.
- Respond Quickly to Sales Enquiries – As well as detailed manufacturing drawings, DriveWorks Solo enables engineers to re-use engineering and 3D CAD data to automatically generate custom quotes, covering letters and a Bill of Materials. Accurate, good looking documents, delivered fast are an undeniable competitive advantage.
- Powerful Design Automation SOLIDWORKS can be easily automated with DriveWorks Pro. You decide what you want sales people and customers to be able to configure and create, such as Dimensions, Features, Custom Properties and Drawings. You create ‘rules’ with understandable Excel style syntax, no custom code or programming knowledge is required.
- Create an Online Sales Configurator for Desktop, Mobile and Tablet Improve your sales and marketing with a custom Online Product Configurator. Allowing your sales people, distributors and customers to directly specify new variations of your product on a device of their choice will reduce the time it takes to respond to customer enquiries and will help you win more business fast.
- Modular – Add Functionality and License Types Whether you are an engineer looking for a Design Automation solution or a company wanting to provide Product Configuration and Guided Selling for your own teams, distributors and dealers, DriveWorks software is modular and scalable so you can set up and use the products to your advantage and at your own pace.
- Configurable and Customizable Interface DriveWorks incorporates its own Form Designer making it very easy to create great looking forms and interfaces for entering product requirements. Your interface can be customized to match your corporate branding and even embedded in your own website.
- Generate Multiple File Types DriveWorks has the ability to create Documents such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or HTML files for use as Quotations, Covering letters, Delivery Notes, BOMs, etc. Whenever a SolidWorks Part, Assembly, or Drawing is generated, DriveWorks can also save the model or drawing in a variety of other formats, for example, eDrawings, DXFs, PDF and so on.
- Integration to other Company Systems DriveWorks has been built so that it is easy to pass data to and from other company systems; ERP, MRP and CRM. Information does not need to be manually re-entered on the form and this in turn helps to save time and cut down the potential for costly errors caused by mis-typing.
- Time Saving – Reduce Repetitive Tasks By automating repetitive tasks, DriveWorks Pro saves time. It frees up engineers and sales teams to concentrate on more interesting, valuable and productive tasks.
- Respond Quickly to Sales Enquiries DriveWorks Pro enables engineers to re-use engineering and CAD data to automatically generate a custom Quote, Covering Letter and a Bill of Materials.
- Increase Speed/Accuracy of Output and Response to Customers It is ideal for any business involved in order-specific designs. DriveWorks will generate Manufacturing Drawings, 3D Models and Sales Documents accurately and automatically.
- Fast Response to Customer Enquiries Dynamic quotations to match customer’s individual requirements can be quickly created in response to enquiries. These can all be based on the company’s rules to ensure manufacturability and profitability targets are met.
- Anytime, Anywhere Set up DriveWorks as a Configurator that can be used on a Desktop, mobile or tablet. Use it locally or in a browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox) to configure order-specific designs.
- Reduce Cost of Custom Designs With DriveWorks you put the best methods and processes of your best engineers in to your configurator. You capture the rules and know-how; then next time you specify a variation of your design, you can let the computer do the calculations and repetitive work.
- Valuable Sales and Marketing Tool Generation of 3D Models and 2D Drawings enables the customer to quickly ‘see’ their product as they order, and so aids the sales process. Online capabilities and 3D app extends the configurator “to anytime” and “any device”.
- Important Aid to Quality Control Because the results are based on your rules, calculations and logic, they are consistent and accurate, reducing the risk of costly errors.