SolidWorks has a great software package, but they still want your input to help make it even better. You can do this by searching for existing Enhancement Requests and voting for them or by submitting your own request. Here are the steps you will need to take!
1) Go to SolidWorks.com and click login.
2) You will need to login as a customer.
3) If you already have a Customer Portal login then go ahead. Otherwise your will need to Create and account.
Tips for creating new account:
- You will need to supply an email address. Always use the email address that matches what SolidWorks has on file for your company. For instance if “PurchasingAgent@Gadget.com” is who purchased SolidWorks for your company then you need to use the matching email “YourName@Gadget.com”. DO NOT USE A GENERIC EMAIL ADDRESS!
- You will need a Valid SolidWorks Serial Number. You can find your serial number inside SolidWorks by going to Help ->About SolidWorks.
4) Once you are logged in there will be a link for Enhancement Requests.
5) You will be able to search by key words for existing Requests.
If you find one that matches your wish for SolidWorks. You can click on it to “Vote” for it.
You will need to supply the version of SolidWorks you currently use and a reason you would like to see this functionality added.
If you are unable to locate an existing Enhancement Request to Vote for then you will need to create your own. On the Search screen there will be a link.
You will need to supply it with information about the Area and Product (SolidWorks, Enterprise PDM, Simulation, etc.) as well as a Description and reason why you want this functionality added to SolidWorks. You can even attach Screenshots, files, or other examples that would help SolidWorks see why this is a great Enhancement.
6) The last step is the most important! Make sure to have your friends and coworkers vote as well. The more people who vote for an idea the more SolidWorks will take note!