So the time has come to upgrade your DriveWorksXpress. You have taken the time to look at all DriveWorks Solo has to offer and you are ready to make the jump. Great Decision! Now you might be wondering how to go about using your DriveWorksXpress Database in DriveWorks Solo. That is exactly why there is an importation tool built into DriveWorks Solo and I am going to show it to you!
Steps to importing DriveWorksXpress database to DriveWorks Solo database:
- You will need to turn on DriveWorks Solo by going to Tools > Add-ins in SolidWorks and checking the DriveWorks Solo box.
- On the Right side of the SolidWorks Window choose the DriveWorks Tab and then hit the “Open/Create Project” button.
- In the menu that appears choose to “Create a new project”.
- When prompted to choose a Template pick “Import from DriveWorksXpress”. Then Browse for the location where you want to store your new DriveWorks Solo database.Note: You might have to create a new folder for the new Solo Database. The name of the Database will be the same as the folder.
- On the next window point the Migration Wizard to the old DriveWorksXpress database.
- If there were more than one project in your DriveWorksXpress database, choose which you want to import. Since only one project can be imported at a time you will need to run the Migration Wizard again to import other projects if needed.
- The last window is just to let you know the project was created successfully.
Now you are ready to continue your project in DriveWorks Solo! Congrats!